Ethos & Policies
In accordance with the latest regulations please see below the School’s Mission Statement, the policies available, our up to date contact details and a summary of our academic performance in the last school year.
Nil Nisi Optimum
Bishopsgate School exists to provide a first class education through a broad and balanced curriculum, preparing its children for life in the 21st century.
To fulfil its mission the school aims:
- To prepare its pupils for life beyond school, helping them to build up the mental, emotional, social & strategic resources to enjoy challenge and cope with uncertainty and complexity
- To encourage each child to discover the things they would love to be good at while strengthening their will and skill to pursue them.
- To ensure the school fulfils these aims, we promote and develop in our children four key aptitudes: resilience, curiosity, reflection and collaboration
In compliance with Standard 6 of the Independent Schools Standards Regulations, the following information is available to all parents, current and prospective, from the School office and also if you click on the Policy you require:
- Child Protection Safeguarding Policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Risk Assessment Policy
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Admissions and Attendance Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Behaviour Policy
- Curriculum Policy
- Health & Safety Policy
- Fire Prevention Policy
- Fire Procedure Policy
- Safer Recruitment Policy
- First Aid and Medical Policy
- Complaints Policy
- Learning Support Policy
- Educational Visits Policy
- Responsibilities Policy
- EAL Policy
- Privacy Notice
- Pupil Acceptable Use of ICT Policy
- Terms & Conditions
Headmaster: Mr Rob Williams – Contact via the School Office – 01784 432109
Chairman of Governors: Mr Tim Eddis – Contact via the Clerk to the Governors – 01784 435599
All our Year 8 pupils reached their first choice senior schools and 2 scholarships were obtained.
All pupils who chose to leave the school at the end of Year 6 also reached their first choice senior schools.
The school has received no serious complaints during the past 12 months.